Edward R. Munoz (S.B.N. 92859)
Law School: University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law
More Than 30 Years of Litigation Experience:
100 plus Criminal Jury Trials
10 Civil Jury Trials
15 Civil Case Meditations
5 Professional Licensing Board Hearings
Mr. Munoz holds an AV Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0. AV is the preeminent rating, achievable only after admission to the bar for at least ten years, indicating the highest level of legal ability and ethics. For peer review commentary click here.
Edward R. Muñoz has 10 years of experience as a Orange County Deputy District Attorney.
He began his legal career as a deputy district attorney working in the Orange County District Attorney’s Office. While prosecutor he was assigned to Major Narcotics Enforcement and was voted Deputy District Attorney of the Year (1984-1985) by Orange County Narcotics Officers Association. While assigned to the District Attorney’s Office Homicide Unit, Mr. Muñoz co-authored Livsey Hearing Protocol for Death Penalty Case Review within Orange County.
During his tenure at OCDA, Mr. Muñoz investigated major narcotics and drug related cases, as well as homicide investigations. He has worked nearly 100 different criminal court cases involving the most heinous of crimes, including drug trafficking and murder. Mr. Munoz’ extensive background in prosecution gives him the insight and knowledge to now DEFEND the wrongly accused. He knows the strengths and weakness in a prosecutor’s case, first hand, and utilizes this knowledge to build your defense, hold the prosecution accountable, and fight for your lawful rights.
Orange County District Attorney Highlights
- Worked major narcotics enforcement
- Voted Deputy District Attorney of the Year (1984-1985) by Orange County Narcotics Officers Association
- Homicide Unit – Murder Case Prosecutions
- Co-authored Livsey Hearing Protocol for Death Penalty Case Review within Orange County
Private Practice Experience
- For over 25 years, Muñoz & Associates has been dedicated to criminal defense, personal injury and professional license defense
- Former clients include police officers, professional athletes, judges, attorneys, political figures, doctors and teachers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association