Orange County Criminal Defense Attorney
Edward Munoz and his team at Munoz & Associates are dedicated to defending your rights. Munoz & Associates will aggressively protect your well being and will work to build the strongest case possible to prove your innocence. Mr. Munoz has over three decades of litigation experience. After spending 10 years as a Deputy District Attorney, he now takes his vast knowledge of criminal cases and analyzes your case from a prosecutors standpoint. Mr. Munoz feels that this gives you a superior advantage in defending your rights because he knows how to pick out strengths and weaknesses within your case.
Public Defender vs Criminal Defense Attorney
Many clients ask us this question. In our opinion, a Public Defender works for the State or Federal Government. It does not necessarily mean that the Attorney will not do a good job, you just have to understand that you get what you pay for. A Public Defender has a lot of cases on their plate. An experienced Criminal Defense Attorney will focus on your case. See below for a further break down:
- There are some very capable, smart and hard working public defenders. If you qualify for their services, they are virtually free. However, you cannot choose your public defender; the court will randomly appoint a public defender to represent you.
- You cannot get a public defender until a criminal case against you is filed with the court and you appear in court for your arraignment (i.e. entry of your not guilty plea). Therefore, you cannot consult with a public defender and obtain advice prior to these events occurring.
- Most public defenders carry heavy case loads, making personal service and attorney/client contact difficult. Providing service before and after business hours is virtually non-existent. In short, most public defenders work 9 to 5, Monday through Friday.
Private Criminal Defense Attorney
- You can meet and hire the private attorney you feel is the best situated to handle your case. An effective, experienced trial attorney who has a solid reputation is worth a lot; however, not everyone can afford the best.
- The ability to meet and confer with your attorney prior to the first court appearance is a strategic advantage. Establishing an attorney/client relationship built on trust and confidence at the outset is often critical, especially in matters of bail or O.R. (promise to appear) Release.
- Honesty and service are our benchmarks. I want my clients to completely understand their situation. Meeting with clients and family members after hours or on Saturdays is often necessary to accomplish this goal. Our motto is: “Whatever it takes.”
What Types Of Cases Do Munoz & Associates Focus On?
Munoz & Associates focuses on the following areas of criminal defense:
- Drug Cases
- Assault, Battery, & Violent Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- White Collar & Financial Crimes